Junior Export Ocean Operator
Job Title: Junior Export Ocean Operator
Job Description: We seek a Junior Export Ocean Operator with at least 2 years of experience.
This person would be responsible for handling U.S. export shipments, from receiving new load order instructions from foreign agents/partners, opening a new shipment, reaching out to US Supplier to ensure cargo readiness and shipment details, booking vessel space, dispatching trucking to vendors, ensuring cargo loaded on schedule, sending updates/delays/issues to foreign agents/partners, providing billing is correct per quote & any applicable additional charges. Ensure Customer Service is satisfactory with foreign agents/partners via email and phone updates.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Receive, Prepare and Process shipment from start to finish.
- Receive Details from Agent / Partner regarding shipment.
- Confirm the Applicable quote received by quoting/rates team.
- Reach out to US suppliers to confirm shipment details and readiness.
- Arrange bookings with Ocean carriers based on booking details received from US suppliers and foreign Agents / Partner
- Dispatch Trucking to AWA FCL Dispatch Team
- Ensure the Cargo pick-up date has been planned with the trucker and supplier.
- Confirm container loaded on pick up date.
- Ensure details in the system are correct based on supplier information provided.
- Confirm System billing is input and matches applicable AWA quote + any additional/applicable surcharges.
- Address and resolve service irregularities.
- Provide excellent customer service and ongoing commitment to quality communications and data integrity.
- Contribute to maintaining solid relationships with vendors, customers, and partners.
- Maintain compliance standards at all times, including internal policies and procedures, external government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Meet key performance indicators (KPIs) to support branch, product, and company goals.
- Responsible for daily updating and monitoring of reporting tools
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
English Level: C1
Longterm contract + Monthly salary 3,600,000 COP + Prepaid medicine + gym + English classes
Years of experience needed for this position: 2 years
Hours: Monday - Friday | 8 hours per day
Available Positions: 1